Blog Title Card

Blog Title Card

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breaking in the new Blog!

I guess it's now or never!  I've been thinking about creating a blog dedicated to the vagrant lifestyle for a couple of years.  The problem had been that my only access to the Internet comes from time spent at a public library, and with my wayward travels it was impossible to keep trying to register for new library cards in every city.  Due to a problem with my leg I don't expect to be quite so mobile for a good amount of time, so I figured I'd make the best of the situation!

My name is Tom Ott, friends call me Train Tom.  I have been a card-carrying vagrant for a dozen years or so and have never looked back.  I love the lifestyle, and one of the purposes of this blog is to not only provide a safe place for Internet-savvy transients to socialize, but also to introduce this alternative lifestyle to others in a concise way.  There will be more on the purpose and outreach that I hope to provide with this blog in the next update.

For now, I just want to say "welcome" and ask for you to sit back and settle in.  I'm limited to one hour per day on the Internet here at the local public, but I intend to make the most of my available time in making this place everything it ought to be.  This sort of resource is long overdue.

In solidarity,

Train Tom