Blog Title Card

Blog Title Card

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Purpose of this Blog

I'm not going to give a whole lot of background info on myself.  Part of the appeal of this lifestyle is our ability to escape certain paths in life and make a 'clean break'.  We transients, as a rule, are always looking ever forward, not back.

I touched on this earlier, but I wanted to formally state what the intended purpose of this blog is.  The content will vary widely, but will hopefully revolve around three key notions:

1.) First and foremost, this is a place for transients, by transients.  Others are welcome and encouraged to view and even participate, but let's be clear and respectful of the intended audience.  Ideally we will have here a place to share tips, tricks, advice, weather reports, recipes, gathering notices and other useful information that can be appreciated and utilized by those of a common mindset.  I am one of you, and our order has a lot of pride and history to it.  Let's always keep that in front of us.

2.) This is also a place for sharing our heritage with people unfamiliar with our ways.  Through discussion, the recounting of experiences, collaboration and other efforts, we can share a positive message with those who may not have otherwise given us a second thought.  In addition to sharing exclusively with the 'in' crowd, I hope to pepper in some useful information for the carpet-walkers out there.  Every once in a while we'll discuss the history of the transient lifestyle, define certain terms, how to interact with a vagrant and other sorts of knowledge-gathering activities.  This is a friendly place for all, and all shall feel welcome.

3.) Last but not least, this should simply be a fun and relaxing place for general perusal, regardless of your background.  I'm not saying I'll be the next Face Space, but I want to keep the topic material light and fresh.  That will mostly be on my shoulders, but I encourage participation by all.

You may contact me by electronic mail any time, day or night.  The address is TrainTomOtt@Gmail.com.

Let's keep things clean, respectful and insightful.  Let's follow the Five Pillars. This has the potential to be a really good thing.

In solidarity,

Train Tom