Blog Title Card

Blog Title Card

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The blog shall not be silenced!

To all:

Thank you for your concern these past 6 months or so.  I have received an outpouring of support and concern expressed by e-mail and personal visit since the abrupt TEMPORARY silencing of this blog.  Your kind words are very much appreciated.

The truth is, I was accosted and relocated multiple times after a recent post, and have spent the summer so far seeking out safe places to make arrangements.  To start, I want to let everyone know that I am alright, and will continue to run this blog as long as I am able.  It may be less frequent than it once was, and it may be some time before I feel safe enough to begin again with any regularity, but I feel it is important and will continue to do so as long as I can.  Actually, if the events of the previous six months have taught me anything, it is just how powerful, moving and inspiring this blog can be--"life changing", in the words of some--and I have made a solemn vow to continue it.  And, if I am am ever unable to proceed myself, it will now continue in my absence.  More on that in a minute.

Allow me to start at the beginning.  I've been marginally aware of a group of transient highbrows who are not pleased with the publication of this blog, and the blatant introduction of our life-style to the "carpet walkers" of the world.

However, until recently, it was only the occasional e-mail or writ note conveyed through a Messenger Man that ever communicated the notion that my forum here was unappreciated (a "you better quit it or else" sort of thing).  Essentially harmless.

That is, until my post dated 07 January of this year.

I'm sure most of the regulars are well aware of the post I am referring to.  I alluded to some Rail Men language, phrases and ideas that some consider sacred and not for public consumption.

I will not get into details as to what transpired shortly after the publishing of that post, but there are two things you need to know.  I am still here, and this blog remains.  In fact, I am proud to say that very post still remains.  I did nothing wrong and will not be censored.

Fret not, friends, I will be fine.  And I have put a multiple-layer structure in place to ensure the proper protection of this forum in the event of my inability to operate it.  This is much too important, I have found, to allow it to be so susceptible to the whims of hobo elitist bullies.

As my good friend frequently says, "keep the flame, my brothers".  The road of the righteous is not always an easy stride.

In solidarity,

Train Tom